It's no secret: Everyone loves snail mail. That excitement that bubbles up when you see a hand-written address that isn't someone asking you for money?! It's almost unbeatable. (Yeah yeah, we know, a pint of Ben & Jerry's is slightly better. But these don't melt. And they're calorie free.)
Plus, you can feel good about sending these postcards because 100% of profits from the sales of these postcards will benefit social change organizations that are helping to make this beautiful world we live in a better place. Click on each postcard to see the designer, and the organization sales support.
Thanks for all your support over the holiday season! We're going to keep this storefront open so that we can keep giving back but in order to make this work, we won't be able to ship orders immediately.
Important Shipping Information: We will ship orders on the 1st and 15th of each month.
If you require an urgent shipping, please email us and let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a design you want to submit? Or know an artist or aspiring artist who might want to send something our way? Awesome! We want to see it! We're hoping to do limited edition runs each season.
Here's what you need to know:
- The final printed postcards will be 4" x 6"
- Size your image to the bleed size, 6.25" x 4.25"
- The safe zone for printing post cards is 5.75" x 3.75" (Images outside this boundary could be cut off!)
- Your design can be portrait or landscape, and will be digitally printed
Send your submission(s) as a JPEG to email@example.com
The postcards themselves don't have to be about, or relating to, the organization that you choose to support - It's totally up to you. Perhaps you already have a killer design that would make a great postcard. Cool!
As long as you own the copyright and can give us permission to print, we'll consider it. If your design is selected, we'll get in touch to confirm final details (like where you want us to link to, which non-profit you want to support, etc.).
So why should I do this?!
Because together we'll be making the world a better place! And we'll handle the tough stuff - printing, fulfillment of sales, and promotion.
Artists who are selected will retain all copyright of their work, but will grant Genius Steals permission to use the artwork for these postcards.
We'll link to your promote your work on social media, and through our newsletter -- and will be sending one of each design to our clients, because we want you to be famous, too.
And if my design is selected?
If we decide to print and feature your design, we'll ask you for the following information:
- On the back of the postcards as a divider, it will say Genius/Steals x _______________ (Fill in the blank with either your name or company name, your choice!)
- Which non-profit organization would you like to us to donate profits from your sales to? (If possible, please include a link!)
- What would you like us to link to to promote your own portfolio or work?
- We'll also be promoting this via our Strands of Genius newsletter. Can you tell us a bit more about your design(s) and the organization you've chosen to support? (No need to write a novel -- but it's always nice to have a personal element!)
- What's your mailing address? (So, ya know, we can send you some post cards...)